I need to get a global phone from Verizon before I go to Berlin this summer, and found out last night that they approved an early upgrade for me. I’m likely going to purchase it today so that I can get going with setting it up and unlocking the SIM, but I need to decide which one to get. It’s between the HTC Incredible 2, and the Motorola Droid 2 Global.
Help me decide! Here are my thoughts:
- D2G: This one’s kinda big: I wanted to go back to having a physical keyboard as an option. I type A LOT on my phone, and I really miss banging out the epic text that I used to on my Blackberry. I’m also used to and like the on-screen keyboard, Swype, which the D2G has.
- I2: The other big deal: I take lots and lots of pics with my camera, and the I2 is considerably better in low light according to reviews. It also has a (kinda crappy) front-facing camera.
- Neither are 4G/LTE, but that doesn’t bother me.
- Toss-up: I’m used to Moto’s Blur UI, but a lot of people really seem to like HTC’s Sense UI better.
- Toss-up: Battery life is slightly worse on the I2, but not enough to make a huge difference, I don’t think.
- I2: Out of the bazillions of customer reviews of both phones on the Verizon website, the I2 is a whole star higher in ratings (at 4.5 stars).